Monday, July 15, 2013

This week's plan

It's going to be hot this week; too hot to sleep in the truck at night even with the electric fan running.  I've been tempted to buy a tent, but it's another unplanned expense and, importantly, a possession that I don't want to add to my simplified life.  All that I have besides the truck and two surfboards is a collection of clothing, a dozen books, a small, six-pack-sized cooler and an ancient Thermos.  Maybe a pup tent?

Anyway, into the water early today as the heat this week will bring gobs of beachers, not to mention that I don't have a Rhode Island beach pass, so I can't linger much past 8:30 a.m. without getting some sort of parking ticket.  Fortunately, and especially on hot days, the guys who check such things finish their day before 4:30 p.m., which leaves plenty of time to ride the late afternoon waves.