I was away from the WiFi for the weekend with Saturday being just too good of a fishing/hiking day to bother even spending a second in front of a computer screen. Saturday night I parked overnight in a school parking lot and listened to live music at a small bar on the adjacent, Berkshire town main street. It was perfect.
Sunday was rainy and I was in need of a real bed and several long, hot showers, so I checked into a small motel run by a very nice Paki family, but not until I spent a few hours at a small, but growing, art museum enjoying a retrospective of the works of Winslow Homer. After a rare, carb based meal, I slept for a luxurious eight hours. My exercise program is falling apart some, but I can recover it; I always do.
Today Sadhu the Surf Truck gets its routine maintenance check, I visit my post office box to see what's new, and stop by the storage locker to switch the tent/cot for a bicycle, as I plan on parking the truck in the driveway of my house sitting job and mostly using the bike for trips for errands around town. On Wednesday, I'll need to check into a hotel or motel to make myself look reputable again so I don't scare the home owner, but until then I'll be using a church parking lot, with the permission of the pastor, as my base of operations. It'll be good to be stationary for the next five weeks.