Friday, July 19, 2013

It's even hot in the canopied forest

At first I was happy for the breeze, until I realized that it was blowing the same hot, hot air that we've been swimming in for days now.  No waves on the beach, hot air in the mountains, and I'm at a cabin with no electricity.  Maybe I should have just gotten a room at that casino, cranked up the air-conditioning, and gone from music venue to music venue.

I'm going to sleep outside in my new cot/tent, but that still won't offer much relief until about 3 or 4 in the morning.  By then the bears will be sniffing around me, thinking about breakfast.  Still, a good mountain run in the morning may balance things out and it is good to sit with Paddy and talk about books and students and philosophy and our lives, those we knew and those whom we miss.