Damage My Calm

This is what happens when a mildly un-hinged former Marine, Ivy Leaguer, and university professor bags it all for a surfboard and a sleeping bag in the back of an ancient pickup truck just to follow the waves.

Friday, July 12, 2013

at 10:41 PM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Newer Post Older Post Home

Sadhu, the Surf Truck

Sadhu, the Surf Truck

Who's Reading Us?

Blog Archive

  • ►  2014 (87)
    • ►  July (4)
    • ►  June (15)
    • ►  May (24)
    • ►  April (5)
    • ►  March (19)
    • ►  February (6)
    • ►  January (14)
  • ▼  2013 (397)
    • ►  December (26)
    • ►  November (35)
    • ►  October (31)
    • ►  September (38)
    • ►  August (58)
    • ▼  July (187)
      • I don't know if it was the sudden change in temper...
      • American Stupid
      • Now, didn't some radio guy get in trouble with the...
      • I am such a botch at social media that I only just...
      • Somebody has to
      • That was a short pivot. Maybe the next one will b...
      • They're too rah-rah
      • The immense self-esteem movement reaches climax
      • Hahahahahaha: "OH GOD NO!" - Said no one RT @Hu...
      • And now, the latest chapter of American Stupid: "...
      • This iconic picture of firefighters raising the st...
      • I was away from the WiFi for the weekend with Satu...
      • Rule 5 Friday: Why do I surf?
      • Nah
      • A complete dorc [that's the French spelling]
      • A fun collection of surfing anecdotes may be found...
      • Who cares? They're just Christians.
      • No surprise since the administration reinforces it...
      • We will control the horizontal. We will control t...
      • Perfect night for sleeping in the cool, quiet Berk...
      • The best Staff Sergeant ever
      • Someone walked by the truck either murmuring to so...
      • According to the Anthony Weiner Name Generator, my...
      • A fine day, overcast and just right for fishing.  ...
      • Man, I don't know how long-haul truckers do it.  I...
      • The most famous white Hispanic helped rescue 4 Ame...
      • Roading
      • This week's VDH
      • No title
      • And now: Surf Dog!
      • It may be time for the road again
      • No kidding
      • The only reason people lock their car doors when O...
      • Surfin' mallard
      • Small country church Mass
      • What the hell is Cleveland's problem?
      • This week's Steyn
      • Old pickup truck, clear mountain morning
      • It's even hot in the canopied forest
      • So, whatcha carryin'?
      • God help me...
      • And now, to the mountains
      • Why do I surf?
      • Another question
      • You are not supposed to say that out loud, marine
      • I should not have enjoyed this as much as I did
      • Don't know this woman, but I like the cut of her jib
      • Sigh
      • All in all, sleeping in a parking garage is not al...
      • Wasting away again
      • A reaction to an earlier post
      • Adversity
      • Remarkable
      • Worth reading
      • Dumb Dad commercial
      • I broke down and bought this at a Wal-Mart. It fol...
      • "Yep, it's hot."
      • Reynolds offers a pungent yet accurate observation
      • Great. Now they can pin-stripe the Beemer
      • This week's plan
      • Tell me about it
      • A question
      • Help! Police! People are having sex in here.
      • What clobbers Christianity?
      • I'm sure this will improve the state higher educat...
      • Open intellectual inquiry used to be the hallmark ...
      • This week's Steyn
      • The Sunday Quest
      • I'm guessing this won't work out well
      • American Ugly
      • Update
      • Rain. Of Course.
      • No title
      • Any sentient surfer could tell you this, so that m...
      • Hey, the KOA has wi-fi
      • My home for the next week
      • Again, I'm really glad that I'm mobile, live on fo...
      • Ah, water, surf, spray, salt, and that stupid cast...
      • I don't know. Maybe Cheesequake.
      • Garden State Parkway in the middle of the night
      • Wow, he really is the dumbest senator
      • Again, I'm glad to be a nomad, as I would not want...
      • Man, what a weird world. I'm glad I dropped out.
      • What a wonderfully quiet day
      • Now I'm definitely taking SoCa off the itinerary u...
      • Today's plan B
      • Dumb dad commercial
      • Today's plan
      • Hmmm, what was your first clue that you were with ...
      • Up too early
      • Okay, I give up
      • Ironic, ain't it?
      • It's been awhile since I read Lileks' Bleat; I'm g...
      • The NSSF just piddled on the palace steps
      • You always remember your first one
      • It takes real genius and vision to chase away 900 ...
      • When paranoia becomes the norm
      • I think I'm in love. What can I say? I like 'em c...
      • Not only is she disingenuous, she may be revealing...
      • We still have a BOLO out on this guy
      • For some reason I thought it would be Doritos
      • Those dang Zionists. They're everywhere!
      • American Stupid
      • Brazil is seriously fouchez
      • Let's see if NBC races down to Mexico City to take...
      • The law-abiding of Chicago are now permitted to ha...
      • Not to mention the five falsely accused men, Judge...
      • Because people ask
      • I stand by my "she found the key to the rum locker...
      • I'm beginning to think that research scientists wa...
      • Dumb Dad commercial
      • Obviously, the children aren't really hungry, they...
      • David Brooks should never write about religion; th...
      • I don't really care about this clown, as I don't l...
      • Every mainstream Protestant Church in a nutshelll
      • Another successful kickback
      • Yes, because typing three letters is such a chore
      • When being a victim is the highest status in socie...
      • The religion of pieces strikes again
      • It's not the 4th without a weenie roast
      • Oh, shove off, Ears. I heard enough of this nonse...
      • It's handy for the government, though, as they vie...
      • I'm real glad they'll be the ones in charge of our...
      • I guess that's why it's doing so well in the ratings
      • More American Stupid
      • Gee, Dave, you mean openly mocking and hating over...
      • This is starting to harsh my mellow seriously; Act...
      • Oh, shove off, creeps
    • ►  June (22)
Simple theme. Powered by Blogger.