Active surf today, so I spent a couple of hours in the waves, until the beach patrol arrived, of course. They're a little more serious today, as one of their own was arrested for building illegal explosive devices. I understand it was just a couple of smoke bombs but, in this nervous era, that's enough to get cops all butched up in their SWAT gear, swagger around feeling on themselves, and scowling. That, in turn, causes the beach patrollers to get defensive and suddenly become more interested in their jobs. Since mostly what they do is exercise and talk to the pretty girls, this causes a shift in priorities for the rest of us.
Rain with lightning later, which means I can clean the house, measure the pool's chlorine content and skim out some leaves. Atlantic City is north of here, but it is one of the most scuzzy cities I've ever seen with very little entertainment value, so that's not a distraction. The other barrier island towns are pretty much like this one, so it hardly seems worth taking the truck out of the driveway. I've been invited to write a book review for a scholarly review, so maybe that'll be the day's main feature.
I don't feel like cooking for myself today, so I'm heading over to the surf cafe for some fish tacos in lime and mango sauce. Not exactly breakfast food, but tasty, which makes it universal.