This is what happens when a mildly un-hinged former Marine, Ivy Leaguer, and university professor bags it all for a surfboard and a sleeping bag in the back of an ancient pickup truck just to follow the waves.
Thursday, August 15, 2013
A normal day, except that the lawn crew didn't show up. I gave them until noon and then cancelled them and did it myself. The home owner will arrive tomorrow and the place needs to look just right. I also cleaned the kitchen and ate out tonight, getting some fish and chips from a fry shop and sitting on the beach watching the sun set. It was more visceral that I wanted as the fish folks forgot to put either napkins or utencils in the bag. Still....
Now I'm watching a baseball game between teams from a fudge shop on the boardwalk and a bar on the mainland. It's really a perfect evening for it.