Cold air, around 62 degrees, but the water is warmer and the skies sunny, despite the massive storm that seems to be affecting the rest of the eastern coast. So, Thanksgiving Eve surf time all day long, or until I do myself an injury. Ah, paradise.
Tomorrow is a dangerous day, as our Thanksgivings used to be my favorite occasion each year, as the members of my wife's family, the ones whom I could stand, would always come to visit and bring with them gallons of Beaujolais and a larder of foodstuffs. I will fall into a form of despair, as I do annually. However, I do have some ways to limit the potential damage.
Mainly, I make a feast for myself that is time and energy consuming to prepare, a meal that I eat slowly and in gradual courses, and that I temper by staying away from the public and not viewing anything like parades or football games. I have well-worn copies on Endless Summer I and II that I watch only on Thanksgiving and that seem to lessen the potential for wandering, suicidal thoughts.
It also helps to be in sunny Florida where autumn is not what it is in New England.
Then, on Friday, I exercise all day long: surf, bike, run, and eat only protein. By Saturday, I'll be back to normal.