Gun laws do not prevent gun violence. By definition, criminals work outside of the law; hence the title "outlaw". Laws such as these merely constrain the law-abiding. Criminals will always have guns. If I were of a more cynical nature, I would observe that, as the victims of gun violence in Connecticut are mostly young, black men, this does not seem to be a demographic that anyone in power deeply cares about. Good thing I'm not more of a cynic.
I grew up in an urban neighborhood and taught in what used to be called an "inner-city" high school. I've been the pastor of urban churches. I've seen what violence does; I've also seen what creates it. Do you want to know what would reduce gun violence? First, secular and church politicians could do whatever is necessary to create jobs and skills training programs in their cities. Second, social institutions would need to be encouraged, especially those of relevance to an urban population.