I've been a little out of sorts with things of late. The money ran thin after my time watching spring training in Arizona; it's way too difficult to get carpentry jobs in California, where I'm currently staying, and I've been sleeping where I can in the back of the truck in any parking lot that looks to be both quiet and relatively safe. The best place of late has been a doughnut shop by the sea in Long Beach.
It opens around 5 a.m. so I make a discreet departure around 4:50 and head down to Huntington Beach where I can park in the public pay lot and surf all morning, take a free shower, and then sleep through the warm afternoon. I can even run up and down the beach path.
At night, I have a meal at a veg restaurant and then grok and groove to live music at the bar next door. At midnight, it's back to the doughnut shop.
It's been a great time, but the only Internet connection I have is at the library and I'm beginning to look a little too homeless to easily hang out there. Not that it matters, in a week I make the trek back to south Jersey for the summer; maybe until October or so. I'm hoping that means work somewhere, too.
Well, I'll splurge on a hotel room on the trip east so that I can look human again and be a more regular presence on the net. I know, you've missed me.