Thursday, October 17, 2013

Settled into the new quarters today.  A nice three bedroom in a gated community, of which I was given a tour by the "security representative" who also photocopied my driver's license, took my photo [front and both sides], and introduced me to the staff at the gate.  I probably should have shaved.

Turns out one of the guards is a surfer and he gave me some pointers as to which areas are worth it.  "You'll probably not be hassled by the locals.  They don't bother with older guys.  Still, it's not bad form to introduce yourself to them; tell 'em you're just going to mess around some."

Turns out a reasonable beach is just a bike's ride away, so I spent part of this afternoon bolting on the board carrier to the cruiser, especially as I want to give the truck a rest, and checking out the neighborhood.  I'll hit the waves tomorrow, as long as the weather holds.